The Bahrain Garden Club has announced the winners of the 54th edition of the Annual Flower and Vegetable Competition in a ceremony held in the presence of His Highness Shaikh Khalifa bin Ali Al Khalifa, Governor of the Southern Governorate, and Shaikha Maram bint Isa Al Khalifa, Secretary General of the National Initiative for Agricultural Development (NIAD).
Shaikha Maram congratulated the winners and thanked the Bahrain Garden Club for organizing the ceremony in accordance with the precautionary measures due to coronavirus pandemic.
Chairperson of Bahrain Garden Club, Zahra Abdulmalik praised the continuous support of Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, Wife of His Majesty the King and Chairperson of the Advisory Board of the National Initiative for Agricultural Development, and her continued effort towards leading the development of the agricultural sector in Bahrain.
Zahra Abdulmalik recalled the long history of the club since its establishment in 1965, especially its annual Flower and Vegetable competition that has always been a highly anticipated national event.
She emphasized the great contribution of the club in boosting awareness, promoting agricultural development, and spreading greenery across the country.
The diversity of prizes in the annual competition has contributed to the increase in the number of participants who share the love of gardening thereby fulfilling the Club’s objectives of spreading the culture of public participation in expanding green spaces in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The ceremony announced the results of the 54th Annual Prize for Bahrain Garden Club Competitions 2020:
- His Majesty King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa Cup, most points gained in Resident Garden, winner: Faika Al Awadhi.
- His Highness Shaikh Isa Bin Salman Al Khalifa Cup, most points in Flowers, winner: Dalal Sami
- His Highness Shaikh Isa Bin Salman Al Khalifa Cup, most points in Vegetables, winner: Tahera Jaberi
- His Highness Shaikh Isa Bin Salman Al Khalifa Cup, most points in Experimental Gardening, winner: Jalila Mahdi
- Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Cup for Professional Garden Photography, winner: Dana Al Shihabi
- Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Cup for Amateur Garden Photography, winner: Sara Madan
- Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Cup for School Students Garden Photography, winner: Bayan Khalil Ali
- His Highness Shaikh Abdulla Bin Hamad Al Khalifa Cup for Environmentally Friendly Garden (Governorate Public Gardens), winner: Southern Governorate
- Her Highness Shaikha Haya Bint Mohamed Al Khalifa Cup for Exotic Plants, winner: Jalila Mahdi
- Shaikha Muneera Bint Ahmed Al Khalifa Cup for Preserves, winner: Irina Averinos
- Shaikha Fatima Bint Ahmed Al Khalifa Cup for Cross Stitch, winner: Quba Abbas
- The Riffa Views Cup for Art in the School Garden, winner: Al Muharraq Girls Secondary School
- The Municipality Club for New Gardens, winner: Jalila Mahdi
- Gulf Air Cup, winner: Asya Rashdan
- Bahrain Garden Club Rose Bowl for Best Kept Medium Garden, winner: Nadia Al Zeera
- Kanoo Cup for Best Kept Small Garden, winner: Bethan Robinson
- Richey – Tracker Trophy Cup for Best Kept Container Garden, winner: Badria Arshi
- Bahrain Garden Club Cup for Best Kept Water Garden, winner: Jehad Jaffer
- Bahrain Garden Club Cup for Best Kept Rock Garden, winner: Dr. Sara Clark
- Bahrain Garden Club Cup Awarded By Committee, winner: Asya Rashdan
- Zahra Abdulmalik Cup, winner: Jalila Mahdi
- Beckett Trophy, winner: Tahera Jaberi
- Elizabeth Wood Cup for Best Collection of Herbs, winner: Asya Rashdan