Brave Combat Federation has conducted the promotion’s first event in Mexico. The event was held in Casino Caliente in Tijuana, Mexico. Brave 7: Untamed featured 10 bouts featuring athletes from 5 nations including the United States of America, Mexico, Lebanon, Philippines and Costa Rica. Hassan Fakhreddine from Lebanon, made his debut in mixed martial arts with a victory marking the first victory of an athlete from Middle East in Mexico. Hassan won the event during the second round due to doctor stoppage.
In the main event, Alejandro Martinez continued his win streak as he forced his opponent to submit during the second round by way of a rear-naked choke submission. This marks the second victory for Alejandro who had a win over the veteran from Brazil, Paulo Silva in the edition of Brave in India. Alejandro had issued challenges to top fighters from the Middle East for his upcoming bouts. He requested a match with the star athlete representing Palestine, Abdul Kareem Al- Selwady.
“Brave Combat Federation is proud to reach out to athletes around the world through progressive steps. We are glad that this initiative had made value through remarkable achievements by reaching out to 84 nations around the world, thereby bringing global attention towards the Kingdom of Bahrain. The initiative was also successful in providing opportunity for athletes from Middle East to showcase their abilities on a global platform.”, added Mohammed Shahid, President of Brave Combat Federation.
The event was an achievement for the Kingdom of Bahrain as it marked a milestone of televising to a record of 84 countries and an estimated 800 million audience around the world. On August 12th, Brave Combat Federation will be hosted in Brazil with two championship titles on the line. Timo Feucht from Germany will face Klidson Abreu from Brazil for the Light Heavyweight Championship, while Mohammad Fakhreddine from Lebanon will face Carl Booth from the United Kingdom for the Welterweight Championship.
Brave 7: Untamed Results:
- Alejandro Martinez def. Fabian Quintanar via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:14
- Chris Padilla def. Ivan Castillo via split decision (30-27, 28-29 30-28)
- Antonio Duarte def. Hector Valenzuela via Unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Pablo Sabori def. Andrew Lagdaan via TKO (Punches) – Round 3, 3:03
- Hassan Fakhreddine def. Rodrigo Reyes via TKO (Doctor Stoppage) – Round 2, 4:58
- Marcos Beristain def. Ernesto Galán via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Victor Tirado def. Ben Pineda via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:09
- Eduardo Alvarado def. Daniel Rincón via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Saul Cabrera def. José Salazar via submission (Armbar) – Round 1, 0:51
- Kevin Amador def. Irving Hernandez via submission (Armbar) – Round 2, 3:32