– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
– ½ cup full-fat sour cream or yogurt
– ⅓ cup granulated sugar
– ¼ cup vegetable oil
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ cup fresh blueberries
– 1 cup powdered (confectioners’) sugar
– ¼ cup fresh blueberries
– Zest of ½ lemon
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Spray a 24 cup mini-donut pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the sour cream, sugar, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag. Cut off about ½ inch of the end of the piping bag. Pipe the batter into rings in the mini-donut pan, filling each cup ⅔ of the way. The batter will rise a lot during baking, and you don’t want it to cover the hole!
- Lightly press a few blueberries into each donut.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing the donuts from the pan.
- To make the glaze, puree the ¼ cup of berries, lemon zest, lemon juice and powdered sugar in a blender or food processor. It should be thick and purple-blue, with specks of blueberry throughout.
- Dip one side of each donut into the glaze. Let the donuts sit on a cooling tray until the glaze has set.
Delightful and delicious!