As a Prosthodontist, Dr. Omar is an expert in restoration and replacement of teeth. His advanced training allows him to have a special understanding of the dynamics and preservation of healthy teeth and making sure smiles look beautiful and function the way they should.
“Dental implants are safe and effective solutions to replace missing teeth, they restore function, aesthetic and self-esteem. Implants are very durable and can last many years, with good care, many implants last a lifetime.”
“Meticulous home care and oral hygiene are considered the key to long-term success of dental implants. Although decay can’t occur in implants, inadequate oral hygiene can lead to infectious disease that causes inflammation in the soft and hard tissues surrounding the implant, loss of the supporting bone and failure of the dental implant. The risk factors include smoking, history of periodontal disease, diabetes (uncontrolled), compromised oral hygiene and parafunctional habits (bruxism).”
“If you notice gum bleeding when brushing, redness and/or tenderness on the gum surrounding the implant, contact your dentist immediately.”
Dr. Omar lists down ways on how patients can take care of their dental implants.
- Brush 2-3 times daily with low abrasive dentifrice.
- If your implants are restored with removable dentures, remove the dentures; clean them with adapted toothbrush and liquid soap at least twice daily.
- Floss at least once a day. Implants are more likely to cause food impaction due to their shape. Use the dental floss thoroughly in all directions.
- If your implants are restored with a bridge, make sure to floss underneath the bridge; different types of floss are specially designed for efficient cleaning of bridges.
- When recommended by your dentist, use interdental brush, rubber tip, mouthwash and/or water irrigation unit.
- Regular dental check up every 6 months. Early detection is essential for effective treatment of peri-implant diseases.
- Visit your dental hygienist regularly, at least 3 times a year. Your hygienist will use special instruments to clean dental implants.
- Do not smoke.
- Wear your night guard if recommended by your dentist. Some studies consider grinding and clenching as a risk factor for implants failure.
About Dr. Omar Aldaoudi DU, CES, DIU
Dr. Omar Aldaoudi received his Doctorate in Medical Dentistry in 2003. He then completed advanced specializations and earned his certificate in Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics from the University of Paul Sabatier in Toulouse, France in 2007. Dr. Omar comes to Dr. Michael’s Dental Clinic with vast experience in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, esthetic, functional and prosthetic rehabilitation. Dr. Omar speaks English, Arabic and French.
Founded in 1997, Dr. Michael’s Dental Clinic represents the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art, multi-specialty dentistry in Dubai, UAE. It has assembled a team of international dental specialists, hygienists and support staff for general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, oral and maxillofacial surgery, implantology, orthodontics, prosthodontics and pediatric dentistry, serving nearly 40,000 patients in and around the UAE.