Without a doubt, water is the most important resource on the planet.
Without it, nothing can or will survive! Here are some facts about water that
you may not know.
- 10% of homes have leaks in the plumbing that waste 90 gallons or more per day.
- A leaky faucet that drips at the rate of one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons per year.
- A water-efficient dishwasher uses as little as 4 gallons per cycle as opposed to hand washing dishes uses 20 gallons of water.
- It takes more than twice the amount of water to produce coffee than it does with tea.
- Not turning the tap off while brushing your teeth can waste 4 gallons of water per use.
- A running garden hose or sprinkler can consume almost as much water in an hour as an average family of four does in 24 hours.
- Showering and bathing are the largest indoor uses (27%) of water domestically.
- To build stronger roots and save water, decrease the frequency of watering but at the same time increase the quantity of water, each time you irrigate gardens and farms.
- Production of 500 sheets of paper require 1,321 gallons of water.
- Two-thirds of the world’s population is projected to face water scarcity by 2025, according to the United Nations.
- It takes about 70 gallons of water to fill a bathtub.
- The average pool takes 22,000 gallons of water to fill.
- Over 90% of the world’s supply of fresh water is located in Antarctica.
- 300 tons of water are required to manufacture 1 ton of steel.
- Advertisement -
For more information visit: http://www.actnowbh.org/