Most Popular Winter Destinations in India
1.Ravishing Rajasthan There is nothing more regal than the Rajasthan hospitality. Rajasthan is land of desert, forts, palaces and colorful
attires. The best times to visit this Land of Land of Maharajas is during the winter months. The resplendent colours paired with the cold climatic conditions make Rajasthan extremely attractive. Coupled with traditional folk dances and the famed Rajasthan hospitality, there is something magical about visiting the different forts and palaces of Rajasthan. The capital Jaipur is the most popular place, visited by millions every year.
Places to visit: Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Ranthambore, Bikaner, Mount Abu
2.Kerala—God’s Own Country The enchanting waterfalls, the tranquil backwaters of Kerala, the serene atmosphere and the hill stations makes the Kerala one of the most preferred tourist destinations, especially in the beautiful and chilly winter season. It is an ideal place to enjoy your winter vacations as it experiences moderate climate throughout the year. This state provides a variety of options to choose from. For beach lovers, it is the Kovalam, for backwaters its Thekaddy, Alapuzza and Vembanad. Then there is Munnar’s lush tea plantation and salubrious weather.
Places to visit: Munnar, Thekkady, Wayanad, Athirapally waterfalls, Varkala beach, Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple, Kumarakom, Kovalam, Alapuzza, Vembanad, Periyar
3. Kashmir—Paradise on Earth Kashmir shines like a jewel at the northernmost part of India and is known as one the most beautiful places
in India where time stands still. Here, water, in all or any forms, is one of Kashmir’s charms. The land weaves a magical spell on tourists with its rivers, lakes and springs. The alluring and majestic sweeps of
forested mountains are tempered with miles of flowering meadows.
It is a beautiful place where delicious fruits likeapple, cherry, peach,
pear, plum, loquat, almond, walnut and pine nut grow in abundance .
The combination of snow-capped mountains and lush valleys in winter
makes Kashmir the top honeymoon and winter holiday destinations in India.
Places to visit: Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Dal lake, Leh, Ladakh,
Kashmir valley, Nubra Valley.
4. Auli, Uttarakhand If you are a skiing freak then Auli (which means meadow) in Uttarakhand is one of the best destinations to be in during winter months. A beautiful part of the state of Uttarakhand, this
valley is home to some gorgeous skiing slopes. The place is situated amidst peaks, dense cedar and pine trees and also offers amazing views of the Himalayan mountain range. It has fast caught up to the popularity of Manali and Shimla as skiing destinations in India in a short period of time.
5. Goa—Pearl of the Orient Goa, always a popular haunt for international tourists much for the vibrant nightlife, cruises, and beaches. As it is the time for Christmas and New Year, and people of Goa celebrate both these occasion. With great gusto and this tourist destination is best to visit in winters. Sandy beaches and presence of beautiful rivers has proved Goa to be a paradise for holidaymakers. A perfect celestial home for the wanderlust traveler, an ideal destination for adventure enthusiasts, Goa might be the smallest state in India but there is no dearth of exciting places to visit in Goa. Goa offers so many entertainment options, from dolphin and crocodile spotting, to island trips. There are plenty of other options for adventure sports in Goa.
6. Shimla—Queen of the Hills Shimla is an incredibly beautiful and romantic destination. There is nothing better than spending a romantic vacation with your loved one someone in the midst of snow. The mall road here is packed with beautiful and lovely couples as the snow covered peaks and good accessibility makes it one of the hottest destinations for honeymooners in the winter season.
7. Andaman Island The tranquil ambience and exotic marine life of Andaman Islands can be enjoyed in the winter months at its best. The islands of Andaman and Nicobar are hilly in places fringed with coconut palm, covered with tropical jungle and interspersed with flat stretches of crescent shaped beaches offering panaromic views to the tourist. The Cellular Jail at the Andamans is a historical site which speaks volumes about the freedom fighters of India who were imprisoned there all life.
8. Lansdowne—The Heaven in Uttarakhand Lansdowne is hill station that stands as beautiful as a picture. Refreshing air, alluring beauty and a glorious view of the snow covered peaks inspire peace and tranquility and makes Lansdowne one of the quietest hill stations of India and is popular since Britishers came to India. Shielded with the world’s highest and most beautiful mountain ranges— the Himalayas, naturally Uttarakhand Hills are bestowed with extra ordinary beauty and most of it is unseen by the outside world. This makes Lansdowne an ideal location for eco-tourism and is best visited in the winter months. A pure, invigorate, bracing and clean environment makes Lansdowne a preferred destination to experience serenity and takes you away from the humdrum city life.
Places to visit: Garhwali Mess, Regimental Museum, Bhulla Tal, Tipn-
Top, Tarkeshwar Mahadev, The War Memorial, St. Mary’s Church.