- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) has increased by 0.4% in September 2017, compared with August 2017.
- The CPI increased by 1.8% in September 2017, compared with the same period of 2016.
- The CPI increased by 1.7% in third quarter of 2017, compared with the same period of 2016.
- The CPI increased by 0.9% in third quarter of 2017, compared with the second quarter of 2017.
- The inflation rate in consumer prices for the period from January until September of 2017 was 1.1% compared with the same period of 2016.
|Consumer Price Index (Points)||Year|
|1.1||1.8||2.0||Percentage Change (%)|
Table 1: Summary of the Changes on CPI
- Consumer Price Index during September 2017 compared with August 2017
The CPI has increased by 0.4% in September 2017, compared with August 2017 as shown by the increase in the CPI from 130 points in August 2017 to 130.5 points in September 2017. The following table presents the CPI developments at the major groups’ level:
|August 2017 (Point)||Percentage Change (%)||September 2016 (Point)||Percentage of Change (%)|
|Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverages||157.8||157.6||0.1||154.7||2.0|
|Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco||208.4||207.1||0.6||205.5||1.4|
|Clothing & Footwear||116.1||117.1||-0.8||110.0||5.5|
|Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas & other Fuels||118.9||117.4||1.3||113.2||5.0|
|Furnishing, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance||132.8||133.9||-0.8||134.4||-1.2|
|Health Care Services||117.3||117.3||0.0||117.3||0.0|
|Recreation & Culture||146.6||146.7||-0.1||143.4||2.2|
|Miscellaneous Goods & Services||147.6||146.5||0.7||147.2||0.3|
Table 2: Comparison of CPI (2006=100)
- Consumer Price Index during September 2017 compared with September 2016
The CPI increased by 1.8% in September 2017, compared with the same period of 2016, as shown by the increase in the CPI from 128.2 points in September 2016 to 130.5 points in September 2017. The main upward contributions resulted from the ‘Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas and other Fuels’ group (up by 5%).
- Consumer Price Index during third quarter of 2017 compared with third quarter of 2016:
The CPI increased by 1.7% in third quarter of 2017, compared with the same period of 2016; as shown by the increase in the CPI from 127.8 points in third quarter of 2016 to 130 points in third quarter of 2017. The following table shows the CPI development at the major groups’ level:
|Main Group||Third Quarter (Q3) 2017
|Third Quarter (Q3) 2016
|Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverages||157.8||153.9||2.5|
|Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco||207.2||206.4||0.4|
|Clothing & Footwear||115.1||111.6||3.1|
|Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas & other Fuels||117.9||113.2||4.1|
|Furnishing, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance||133.5||133.5||0.0|
|Health Care Services||117.3||118.0||-0.6|
|Recreation & Culture||145.5||143.1||1.7|
|Miscellaneous Goods & Services||146.9||146.8||0.1|
Table 3: The CPI during the Q3 of 2017 compared with Q3 of 2016 (2006=100)
|Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverages||158.7||154.8||157.8|
|Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco||207.7||205.3||208.4|
|Clothing & Footwear||115.4||118.2||116.1|
|Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas & other Fuels||118.5||124.4||118.9|
|Furnishing, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance||133||131.9||132.8|
|Health Care Services||118.3||111.7||117.3|
|Recreation & Culture||155.3||129.7||146.6|
|Miscellaneous Goods & Services||157.3||127.6||147.6|
Table 4: CPI of September 2017 (2006=100)