Mickey Mouse and his band of friends, will be performing in a music mash-up of mega proportions when Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival debuts in Bahrain from 15th to 19th March 2016. Concert goers will hear greatest hits from the blockbuster movies, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and Disney Pixar’s Toy Story. Produced by Feld Entertainment in partnership with the Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival strives to be the biggest concert experience to hit live family entertainment.
Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival forms part of the calendar of events planned by the Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority to commemorate the country’s standing as Manama Gulf Capital of Tourism 2016. Commenting on this initiative, Shaikh Khaled Bin Humood Al Khalifa, Acting Chief Executive of the Bahrain Tourism & Exhibitions Authority stated, “We are extremely pleased to have added this first-time event to our list of activities for 2016. Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival will most certainly add another dimension to the variety of exciting events planned for this year, further positioning the Kingdom as a leading hub for family entertainment.”
“One song can touch millions of people around the world and Disney has been at the beat of this concept for years by making music a main ingredient of storytelling,” said Producer and CEO of Feld Entertainment Kenneth Feld. “In Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival we are celebrating with the Disney characters to a soundtrack of the latest sounds and chart-topping hits. We want our guests to walk away with lasting memories and singing these unforgettable melodies long after they leave the show.”
“We’ve created an environment where audience members will be able to connect with the Disney stars,” continued Mr. Kenneth Feld. “Within each concert moment are elements of personal interaction and the audience will be harmonizing, dancing, laughing and having an outrageously good time with the characters.”
Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, featuring an all star line-up of more than 25 Disney characters, begins with audiences watching a state-of-the-art video projection of the frenzy backstage which spills onto the stage as Mickey welcomes guests to his concert tour. Soon thereafter, they will be transported to a new world of music beats, dizzying acrobatics, flying carpets and magical transformations with Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie. Underwater is where the crowd will meet up with Ariel, Sebastian and their nautical pals to groove to the reggae rhythm. And, family and friends will stomp to the beat as Woody, Buzz and Jessie teach them how to boogie rodeo-style. Anyone can be a member of the band as giant-sized balloons fall from the ceiling in one scene and then in the next, Disney characters are dancing in the aisles.
Didier Vanneste, Senior Vice President & Country Manager at The Walt Disney Company Middle East, added, “We are thrilled about Bahrain hosting our show. We cannot wait to see the delight on the faces of Disney fans of all ages.”
“It’s always a pleasure to bring one of our productions to all the families wherever we go but in this particular case it is also an honor because we are adding another country to our international list. Bahrain expands the list to number 77”, further commented Mr. Horacio Renna, Vice President of FELD.
The father-daughter production team, Kenneth Feld and Alana Feld, has hand selected award-winning creative talents whose credits span from working with Madonna to winning a Latin Grammy® Award to designing hundreds of costumes for Disney theme park shows:
- Director/Choreographer Fred Tallaksen is the award-winning choreographer of Madonna’s “Sorry” video and the finale of her Confessions World Tour. In 2008, he earned a Latin Grammy® in the Best Video category for Juanes’s “Me Enamora.” Tallaksen was also skating choreographer for “Austin Powers III-Goldmember” and was the Director and Choreographer behind Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best Live Tour Ever!
- Writer Jeremy Desmon’s credits include The Girl in the Frame, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Storybooks and Curious George Live!. He received the 2007 Kleban Award for excellence in Musical Theatre Bookwriting, and is also a recipient of the Dramatists Guild’s Jonathan Larson Fellowship
- Scenic Designer Rick Papineau is the vice president of Scenic Elements at Feld Entertainment and is credited for leading the creation of life-like versions of the characters from Disney/Pixar’s Cars that move on ice for Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy
- Costume Designer Cynthia Nordstrom designed costumes for more than 15 original dance shows in Downtown Disney from 1996 until 1999 and is credited for designing costumes for Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy, Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best Live Tour Ever! and the newest Disney On Ice production, Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After.
- Lighting Designer Sam Doty also designed the lighting for Disney Live! Mickey’s Rockin’ Road Show, and has assisted in the building and planning of every Feld Entertainment show since 2006
- Music Director Stan Beard has arranged and written the musical score for numerous domestic and international Disney On Ice productions, and has worked in the recording studio with such luminaries as Barbra Streisand and Frank Sinatra