The easiest, simplest lasagna you will ever make, conveniently made into single-serving portions!
Here’s what you will need:
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 16-ounces ground Italian sausage
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1 cup onion, diced
– ¾ cup mushrooms, sliced
– 2 – 15-ounce cans crushed tomatoes, or tomato sauce
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
– ½ teaspoon dried basil
– 1-½ cups ricotta cheese
– 24 small square wonton wrappers
– 1-½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, breaking it up into small pieces. Add the onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and cook until the sausage has browned.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes or sauce and 2 teaspoons of oregano. Bring the pan to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, remaining oregano and basil. Mix well.
- Spray a standard-size muffin tin with cooking spray and place one wonton wrapper in each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly into the bottom of the cups and up the sides.
- Take half of the ricotta mixture and divide it evenly among the 12 cups. Using roughly half of the tomato sauce mixture, spoon evenly over the ricotta. Top the sauce with 2 teaspoons of shredded mozzarella in each cup.
- Place another wonton wrapper on each of the mozzarella layers and repeat the layering process, finishing with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the wonton edges are crispy and the cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Allow the cups to cool before removing from the pan and serving with any of the remaining sauce mixture.
Like little lasagna cupcakes! These look so good, right? Tell us if you try them!