– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 ½ cups thinly-sliced onion
– 4 cloves garlic, thinly-sliced
– ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 pound spaghetti
– 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
– 2 cups loosely-packed fresh basil leaves
– 4 ½ cups water
– 2 links (11 ounces) smoked andouille sausage, thinly-sliced
– Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
– 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot with a lid.
- Add the salt, spaghetti, tomatoes, basil, water and sausage, and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, until the spaghetti is al dente. The water will evaporate and be absorbed by the pasta.
- Stir in the Parmesan and season with pepper to taste.