Hand to toe pose is a challenging balance posture with connection to the core. It has many benefits and is about staying connected to the foundation of ease and equanimity which is always within us, while we work with the deep strength of our core, peripheral flexibility and openness of the heart.
Organising the Pose:-
- Stand in Tadasana
- Focus the eye gaze to a point in front.
- Bend the right knee bringing the thigh as close to the chest as possible.
- Hold the big toe from outside the bent leg, with the two peace fingers and thumb of the right hand.
- Straighten the right leg in front of the body, lifting it up bringing it closer to the body. Raise the left arm to the side for balance and perform chin mudra with that hand. Hold for as long as possible.
- Bend the knee, release the toe and slowly lower the foot to the floor.
- Relax the arm and repeat on the other side.
▪ maintain balance
▪ engage the core muscles and lengthen the spine along with the extended leg.
▪ strain the leg muscles
▪ practice this pose if any hip complaints or sciatica persists
▪ Concentration and coordinates muscular and nervous balance
▪ Stretches hamstrings and hips
▪ Strengthens the back and arm muscles
Neelanjana Bharadwaj – Yoga Expert