On the radar of our Taste of Tradition this week, we have a family restaurant on the block, Franks A Lot that brings fresh flavors of Tex-Mex cuisine the BAHRAIN WAY! Located at the Mannai Plaza in Juffair, this restaurant is a unique family-dining concept brought to Bahrain by Ray Jaffar, the Executive Chef who has been specializing in Tex-Mex Cuisine for the last 15 years and also managed a very famous and successful Tex-Mex restaurant in Dubai.
Franks A Lot brings to the table authentic Tex-Mex food and Juicy char grilled steaks. The menu includes appetizers such as Nachos, Quesadillas, Chicken wings, Mexi-skins, Jalapeno poppers and more. A large Tex-Mex section serves Burritos, Tacos, Enchiladas, Fajitas and
in the sandwich section has an excellent selection of Hot-Dogs, home made Jumbo Burgers and American Hoagie sandwiches!
Reasonably priced, the restaurant uses fresh ingredients and does not compromise on quality. The restaurant specializes Home Delivery with its special “Meals on Wheels” service bringing you hot food and prompt service.
The Restaurant has a cozy atmosphere and boasts a personalized service. So if it is “A Meal between a Snack” or “A Snack between a Meal” come on down to Franks A Lot Restaurant, Juffair.
What hooks BTW to Franks A Lot Restaurant is the Dish of the Week, Carne Asada Burrito, prepared by Chef Ray Jaffar.
150 gm. Chicken breast cut into cubes
100 ml. Fajita Marination
50gm white onion
50 gm green pepper
50 gm shredded cheese
100 ml chili con queso
1 Large flour tortilla
Pico de gallo, Guacamole, Sour cream, Spanish rice, refined beans, sliced jalapenos, sliced black olives, shredded lettuce & bell peppers for garnish
1. Add fajita marination to chicken and grill.
2. After chicken is almost done add peppers, onions and grill until fully cooked
3. In a large flour tortilla lace refried beans and add the chicken, peppers & onions
4. Roll the tortilla into a cylindrical shape (BURRITO)
5. Top the Burrito with chilli con queso and shredded cheese and melt the cheese under a salamander
6. Garnish the Burrito with jalapenos, peppers and serve with Spanish rice, refried beans, sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole.