Water is the most important element for everything and everyone. Over 65% of the human body consists of water itself. On a daily basis, a person consumes about 80-100 gallons of water. This shows the importance of water in our daily life. Unfortunately, people have been misusing water on a very high level which might lead to water scarcity in some parts of the world. Here are some useful tips to help you in cutting down your bill.
• Save energy and water by doing full loads of dishes when using your dishwasher.
• If you’re hand-washing your dishes, fill a sink with warm, soapy water and then shut off the faucet. Clean your dishes with the water in your sink instead of letting the water run the entire time you’re washing.
• Choose your plant container carefully. Different materials heat up quickly or lose moisture due to porosity so think about your pot location before making a final decision.
• Save 30%-40% of water by using water saving devices such as: low Flow Faucet Aerators and Shower Timers.
• Check all faucets, pipes and toilets for leaks and fix if you find any.
• Shower for only 5 minutes. Cutting your shower time down to 5 minutes or less saves 12.5 gallons of water with an efficient showered.
Don’t forget that everything on this planet needs water, so start the change today and be the difference to influence the change. Remember the next generations will suffer more because of our actions today, let’s all work together toward a better future! So act now.