Flying to more than 200 global destinations, British Airways is providing additional sparkle this festive season with the launch of their Global Sale, offering travellers the chance to experience new destinations with all the family.
Those looking to watch the ball drop in New York’s Time Square, skate in one of London’s festive rinks, or enjoy the annual carnival in New Orleans, have until 7 November to book the special fare offer, with travel valid until March 2018. The special return fares which start from BHD 256 to London, BHD 198 to Nice, BHD 298 to New York, are available across all cabin classes offering British Airways’ guests a chance to find a fare, and seat, to suit them.
“The festive season is such a magical time for our customers and we wanted to offer them a chance to make their holidays even more jolly, opening up a world of affordable travel experiences for holiday-goers to choose from,” said Robert Williams, Head of Sales – Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Together with its cabin crew, the team from British Airways’ Holidays has pulled together a guide of must-attend activities across some of these holiday favourites, including a selection from the carrier’s new route launches this year which include new holiday hotspots such as New Orleans (USA), and Santiago (Chile):
- London: Truly a magical time of year to visit British Airways’ home and the UK capital, December sees the city’s streets come alive with festive smells and lights, the hustle of shoppers across its historical markets and the sound of carollers in the air. Whether looking to enjoy a sumptuous feast in one of London’s hotels, or soak up the atmosphere at Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland with ice skating, a Ferris wheel and fairground rides, there is something for everyone.
Customers can book return flights to London for as little as BHD 256 before 7 November
- Nice: Travellers heading Nice can expect to enjoy a spectacular holiday as the southern the southern French city immerses visitors in a world of colour, music and festivities. Theatre lovers should book Roméo et Juliette Ballet at the Opéra Nice Côte d’Azur! A must-watch for its highly acclaimed performance and musical score by Éric Vu-An.
Customers can book return flights to Nice for as little as BHD 198 before 7 November
- Geneva: A new holiday favourite for regional travellers, the lakeside city, surrounded by the magnificent Alps, promise an unmissable snowy adventure. Plan a day trip to Mont Blanc, just an hour away from Geneva, or visit the city’s most popular festival, The Escalade, running from 8 – 10 December. Join the 800+ people dressed in historical costumes carry out rituals such as the smashing of a hot pot of chocolate and marching through the streets on horseback.
Customers can book return flights to Geneva for as little as BHD 194 before 7 November
- Montreal: A travel photographer’s dream, the city’s picturesque white landscape is the perfect setting for its festivals and activities that will warm you up including the popular Igloofest! Taking place from mid-January through mid-February, electronic music fans dance under the stars at Montreal’s Old Port. If festivals are not your thing, Montreal’s forest treks across the city’s network of large parks is an annual winter experience, with the Mount Royal Park Evening trek providing one of the best vies of Montreal by snowshoe.
Customer can book return flights to Montreal for as little as BHD 341 before 7 November
- New York: The Big Apple’s festive activities, markets and shows offer visitors a wide range of experiences whether you’re flying solo, with friends or with your family. Some of the more iconic New York winter sights include the Bryant Park Winter Village, with its outdoor rink and more than 120 holiday shops, including kiosks and eateries, and the Rockefeller Centre Christmas Tree, towering 78 feet above.
Customer can book return flights to New York for as little as BHD 298 before 7 November
- Chicago: Every January, the windy city of Chicago hosts Tomorrow Never Knows, a festival that brings a line-up of musicians and comedians to some of Chicago’s leading entertainment venues. Visitors can also satisfy any sweet cravings with the northern American city’s best donuts at Donut Fest, returning in January to Chop Shop offering the best in fried dough confectionery.
Customer can book return flights to Chicago for as little as BHD 396 before 7 November
- New Orleans: The soulful southern city, and new destination for British Airways and its Dreamliner 787-9, sees the biggest influx of visitors for its renowned Mardi Grass Carnival every February. Music lovers will enjoy the dulcet tones of live Jazz music as they walk through Bourbon Street and food lovers will be chasing down the city’s famous beignets and praline treats – flavours unique to NOLA.
For more information on British Airways’ new routes, or to book your holiday during the season sale, visit www.ba.com