24 C
Manama
Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Registering Your Lease Contract? Do It Online Via Bahrain.bh!

Whether you’re a landlord or a tenant,...

I Tried To Do My Homework

I tried to do my homework but a...

Get Your International Driving License Issued Online at Bahrain.bh

Having an international driving license while you’re...
Life StyleiGABahrain exports BD2.387 Billion Worth of Products of National Origins during year 2020

Bahrain exports BD2.387 Billion Worth of Products of National Origins during year 2020

- Advertisement -

The Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of year 2020, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.

- Advertisement -

The value of imports decreased by 4%, reaching BD 4.798 billion during year 2020 compared to BD 4.984 billion for the same previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 66% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 34%.

According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD664 million, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was second with BD352 million, and the Australia was third with BD330 million.

Aluminum oxide emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD332 million, while Non- Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was second with BD292 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD175 million.

The value of exports of national origin increased by 4% to BD2.387 billion during year 2020, compared to BD2.298 billion for the same previous year. The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 74% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 26%.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD536 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates was second with BD207 million and United States of America third with BD201 million.

Unwrought aluminum alloyed emerged as the top products exported during year 2020 with BD383 million, unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) was second with a value of BD361 million, and Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates third with BD257 million.

The total value of re-exports decreased by 15% to reach BD676 million during year 2020, compared to BD795 million for the same previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 87% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 13%.  The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first with BD197 million, the United Arab Emirates second with BD178 million, and United States of America third with BD63 million.

Four-wheel drive cars emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD100 million, Gold ingots came in second place with BD54 million, and Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates came third with BD35 million.

The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totaling BD1.735 billion during year 2020 compared to BD1.892 billion for the same previous year, an improvement of the trade balance by 8%.Note: For more details, please visit the foreign trade page on the Bahrain Open Data Portal www.data.gov.bh.

- Advertisement -

Check out our other news

Most Popular News

Latest News

Check out other tags: