Friday, February 26, 2021

Bahrain exports BD200 Million Worth of Products of National Origins during January 2021

The Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of January 2021, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.

The value of imports decreased by 9%, reaching BD406 million during January 2021 compared to BD445 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 72% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 28%.

According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD49 million, Brazil was second with BD45 million; and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was third with BD31 million.

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD43 million, while Aluminum oxide was second with BD28 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD18 million.

The value of exports of national origin increased by 25% to BD200 million during January 2021, compared to BD160 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 82% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 18%.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD41 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, United Arab Emirates was second with BD32 million and the Sultanate of Oman third with BD18 million.

Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates alloyed emerged as the top products exported during January 2021 with BD30 million, semi-finished iron and steel was second with a value of BD25 million and Unwrought aluminum alloys third with BD20 million.

The total value of re-exports decreased by 29% to reach BD53 million during January 2021, compared to BD74 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 88% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 12%. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first with BD14 million, Sultanate of Oman second with BD10 million, and the United Arab Emirate third with BD9 million.

Four-wheel drive cars the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD9.4 million, Parts for gas turbines came in second place with BD9.2 million, and Apparatus for electrical control third with BD6 million.

The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD154 million during January of 2021 versus BD211 million for the same month of the previous year with decrease of 27%.

Note: For more details, please visit the foreign trade page on the Bahrain Open Data Portal www.data.gov.bh.   

MOST READ

Gulf Air Reveals Singapore as New Destination in Q2 2021

Gulf Air, the national carrier of the Kingdom of Bahrain, announces the addition of Singapore to its growing network with 1 weekly flight starting...

Leading dialysis center extends services to Riffa

A new state-of-the-art Dialysis Center has been set up in Riffa, providing equitable and affordable access to the well-established Bahrain Specialist Hospital Nephrology &...

New Marker of Inflammation Discovered by the Arabian Gulf University Health Biotechnology team

The “Molecular Medicines Reports” journal published in January 2021 the results of a study conducted by the Medical Biotechnology Research Team in the College...

CBB employee contributes to the FATF Mutual Evaluation of New Zealand

Head of AML/CFT at the Central Bank of Bahrain, Ms. Maryam Salman, participated with the Mutual Evaluation Team of the Financial Action Task Force...

Undersecretary for International Affairs holds first edition of “Building National Positions” workshop

The Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs, Dr. Shaikh Abdullah bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, held virtually today the first edition...

Aspiring Parents get two chances of conception in 1 cycle via IVF

Bahrain Specialist Hospital, whose internationally recognized Center of Excellence for Women Care and a leading IVF Center in Bahrain, is offering couples a limited...

Bahrain participates in United Nations Leadership Dialogue meeting

Special Envoy for Climate Affairs and Chief Executive of the Supreme Council for Environment (SCE), Dr. Mohammed bin Mubarak bin Dainah, took part in...

Filipino Artists in Bahrain launch Virtual Art Exhibit, POP CULTURE

Organized by SINING atbp artist group, the virtual art exhibition features significant art masterpieces from 30 Filipino artists based in Bahrain. POP CULTURE gives...

American School of Bahrain (ASB) introduces Arabic Language and Islamic Studies Program to Impart and Uphold Bahraini Cultural Values

The American School of Bahrain (ASB) has introduced a comprehensive Arabic language and Islamic Studies program as a way of imparting and upholding Bahraini...

Share Your Suggestions and enquiries with Sunni Waqf Directorate via Tawasul!

The process of communicating with the Sunni Waqf Directorate just became easier and quicker as you can now communicate directly with its officials through...

Bahraini-Kuwaiti relations role model for fraternity, partnership

The Kingdom of Bahrain shares with the State of Kuwait its celebrations of its 60th National Day and the 30th anniversary of its Liberation...

Maserati MC20 makes its debut in Bahrain

The Maserati MC20, the brand’s new super sports car, made its debut in Bahrain. After its regional debut in the UAE in January, the...

Virtual Bahrain Exhibition for Training & Education Pre Employment 2021 a huge success

Labour and Social Development Minister Jameel bin Muhammad Ali Humaidan opened virtually the Bahrain Exhibition for Training & Education Pre Employment 2021 from 24th...

HH Shaikh Isa bin Salman chairs meeting of the Rashid Equestrian and Horse Racing Club High Committee

His Highness Shaikh Isa bin Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Chairman of the Rashid Equestrian and Horse Racing Club High Committee today remotely chaired...