As part of its vision to bring Change for the Better, Oris is proud to announce that it has become an official Movember Partner. Oris is particularly proud to announce the Movember Edition, a special edition watch made in partnership with the international men’s health charity. The watch is based on Oris’s hugely successful Divers Sixty-Five, a heritage piece inspired by an Oris diver’s watch first introduced in 1965. Oris will make a donation to the Foundation based on sales of the watch.
The Movember Foundation was founded in 2003 and tackles some of the biggest health issues facing men, including prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention. Its mission is to help men live happier, healthier, longer lives and to stop them dying too young. Every November, it encourages men to grow moustaches to raise money in support of the 1,200 health projects it runs around the world. The event enjoys worldwide backing and is supported by numerous celebrities in sport, comedy and fashion.
The Movember Edition has a number of features linking it to the organization. The watch’s applied indices and hands are edged with rose gold plating, tying the watch in with Movember’s color palette, and simultaneously creating a unique look within the stylish Divers Sixty-Five collection. The 1960s Oris logo engraved on the case back is framed by the words ‘Oris Movember Edition’ and the Movember Moustache logo. The same logo is heat-stamped into the watch’s brown leather strap at 12 and 6 o’clock. It is presented in a special heritage box and comes with a tricolor Bordeaux red, beige and dark brown NATO strap that features the Movember logo on the metal loop.
During the month of Movember, Oris will host a series of fundraising events across European cities, including shave downs, poetry slams, Movember walks and an auction of an Oris Movember Edition. Details will follow via Oris’s social media channels and via the hashtags #ORISMOVEMBER and #ORISCHANGEFORTHEBETTER.
‘We have been following Movember’s activities for a number of years and have been hugely impressed with everything they’ve achieved, raising the profile of men’s health issues around the world,’ said Oris Chairman Ulrich W. Herzog. ‘It’s a great privilege to work with them as part of our Change for the Better campaign, and to present the Oris Movember Edition. We look forward to raising significant funds to support their activities through sales of the watch.’
The Movember Foundation’s CEO, Owen Sharp said: ‘This is a really exciting partnership for us and we’re extremely grateful to Oris for all the support of this year’s Movember campaign. The Movember Edition is a great piece of design and we’re very proud to see the iconic Movember Moustache on the watch. The collaboration will help us continue our work in funding vital research and support programmes impacting men’s health all over the world.’
Oris Movember Edition
Ref. No. 01 733 7707 4084, Ø 40.00 mm
- Automatic movement Oris Cal. 733, based on Sellita SW 200-1, with date at 6 o’clock
- Multi-piece stainless steel case and screw-in crown. Water-resistant to 10 bar/100 m
- Diver’s uni-directional rotating bezel with black aluminum inlay with 60- minute timer and zero marker filled with Super-LumiNova®
- Bubble-curved sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside
- Screwed stainless steel case back with engraved Oris shield framed by ‘Oris Movember Edition’ and Movember Moustache
- Black, curved dial with rose gold-plated applied indices filled with Super- LumiNova®. Rose gold-plated hour and minute hands filled with Super-LumiNova®. Rose gold-plated seconds hand with ‘lollipop’ insert filled with Super-LumiNova®
- Brown leather strap with stainless steel pin buckle and heat-stamped Movember Moustache
- Presented in a special heritage box with additional tricolor Bordeaux red, beige and dark brown NATO textile strap with stainless steel pin buckle, stainless steel loop showing Movember Moustache and strap changing tool