The inaugural XYoga Dubai Festival, founded by Dubai Tourism and XDubai, and presented by du, announces its line-up of internationally renowned Yogis, featuring famous personalities and instructors from around the world who are set to descend on the emirate this February.
Taking place between the 19th and 20th February at the Burj Park Downtown Dubai, the yoga festival will reinforce its role as a 2-day full-immersion yoga and wellbeing event for all age groups while featuring a whole host of other activities held by well-known international yogis. One of the principal attractions will be the main yoga session on 19th February which will be open to everybody and will feature international celebrities in addition to international yoga stars.
Helping participants to find the balance between work and leisure, the international yogis will be hosting a series of free yoga sessions, workshops and talks for all ages and abilities.
Javad Khoramifar, Festival Director, commented: “With the host of international yogi talent also being supported by local yogis, XYoga is set to be the biggest festival of its kind in Dubai catering for yoga fans of all abilities. We’re expecting crowds in the thousands for what promises to be an exhilarating two days of complete mind and body wellness.
Designed to capitalise on the enormous interest in the holistic fitness craze, the festival will also feature a host of healthy eating seminars and meditation to encourage inner peace and outer strength.”
Warming up for the two-day yoga festival, a host of international yoga stars will bring together the community across Dubai to participate in the health and wellbeing event. These yoga stars include:
- YouTube sensation, Dashama Konah, who will be sharing her journey from student to teacher through her transformative experiences with her yoga practice. The lifestyle coach is credited for pioneering paddle board ‘SUP’ yoga and is also the creator of her own Yoga Style, Pranashama. Dashama will be demonstrating her yoga and meditation techniques aimed at healing the mind and challenging the body
- LA based Sadie Nardini, the founder of Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga and all round rock star, will be bringing her niche style of yoga that teaches powerful movement to turbo boost any practice with her real-world mix of eastern and western techniques to truly inspire the mind, body and heart
- From New York City, Dr. Amy Rachelle is an expert detox doctor who teaches a unique medicinal approach to cleansing and healing with whole, vegan and raw foods. Dr. Amy’s Pure Raw Approach is specific to healing candida, parasites and gaining balance not only physically but also emotionally
- Sanne Kerkhof is a certified Vijnana yoga teacher and expert in pregnancy yoga. As a mother of three children, Sanne’s teaching is supported by her extensive personal experience, contributing to pregnant women’s physical and mental process
- Yoga Guru, Suneel Singh has captured the minds of many yogis around the world and now brings his various types of yoga asanas and meditation techniques to Dubai. Integrating age old traditional forms of yoga and meditation with the new and other forms of exercise, Suneel’s techniques suit the modern yogi
- Tao Porchon-Lynch is certified by Guinness World Records as the world’s oldest yoga teacher at 97 years old, she teaches at various studios around her home in White Plains, New York. Yoga is her first love, but she also dances competitively, winning numerous awards. A devout vegetarian, Tao strenuously avoids medication and supplements and has devoted her life to teaching yoga, travelling frequently to India to continue her study of the art
And, creating more high class yoga photo art, Brian Crawford, a self-made and highly regarded American artist, with a passion for yoga and nature photography, will be capturing the spirit of the festival and the power of the human form against the breathtaking Burj Khalifa back drop.
In addition to the main yoga session on the 19th and a variety of live music sets and entertainment experiences for Dubai residents and visitors to enjoy, there are also a series of pre-activations, such as an experiential Yoga Truck with yoga demonstrations stopping at key locations around the city and yoga flash mobs.
To secure a spot at XYoga Dubai, pre-register online at www.xyogadubai.com
For more information, detailed itinerary and registration, please visit www.xyogadubai.com, follow XYoga Dubai on social media and join the conversation using the hashtag #XYogaDXB