Skip the slice in favor of a quick and easy recipe for Pizza Bites.
Here’s what you will need:
– 2 tubes refrigerated pizza dough
– 4-ounce block mozzarella, cut into 24 cubes
– 4 ounces sliced pepperonis, roughly chopped
– 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– Marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). Grease an 11-¾-by-7-½-inch baking dish.
- Cut the pizza dough from each tube into 12 walnut-sized pieces each, for a total of 24 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- In each dough piece, place 1 cube of a cheese and 2 to 3 pieces of the chopped pepperoni. Wrap the dough around the meat and cheese, and pinch the seam together. Place each filled dough ball seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the Italian seasoning and olive oil, and brush over the tops of the dough balls. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
Yum! Imagine serving these at a party and letting your guests discover for themselves what they are. What do you think they would say? Will you give these bites a try?