With the ever-increasing rate of water misuse, it is guaranteed that our future generations will ultimately suffer.
However, saving water is easy, you just need to take the first step. Here are some useful tips.
- Use low-flow shower heads (also called energy-efficient shower heads), and low-flush toilets.
- Don’t leave the tap water running unnecessarily when doing activities such as brushing your teeth, washing your hands, or even washing the dishes.
- Practice to get into the habit of reusing or recycling water.
- Water-saving techniques should also be given priority in the commercial areas as this is where gallons of water are utilized on a daily basis.
- Use water-saving techniques in the business areas are like waterless car washes, infrared or foot-operated taps, pressurized water brooms, cooling tower conductivity controllers, water-saving steam sterilizers (in hospitals and healthcare units), water to water heat exchangers, etc.
- Insulate your water pipes. You’ll get hot water faster plus avoid wasting water while it heats up.
- Be aware of, and follow all water conservation and water shortage rules and restrictions that may be in effect in your area.
- Encourage your friends and neighbors to be part of a water-conscious community. Promote water conservation in community newsletters, on bulletin boards and by generally setting an example to encourage this.
- Instead of draining waste water, try utilizing them in home or garden plants instead, as a form of recycling it.
- You can inspire many to do the same! Let’s be the change that we want to see.
Visit www.actnowbh.org for more tips and information.